Friday, April 12, 2013

My Jonathan is 4!!

Each year when it's one of my children's birthday... it amazes me how much they have changed... grown.... but especially with Jonathan. You see my little Jonathan has had a rough couple of years. During his first year of life he had 8 ear infections and with us moving when he was 10 months old to a different state he did not see a ENT doc until he was 1.

They decided to do tubes in his ears to help him, but when we went to his 3 year checkup the Pediatrician told us that even with the tubes in his ears they still had a ton of fluid due to allergies and so he put him on allergy medicine.

The end of last year I took him in for an ear infection :-( They said his tubes were just laying there and no longer working. I took him back to the ENT and they scheduled in December to have his adenoids taken out and new tubes put in. Poor kid had a hearing test and it was very bad. We already knew he was severely speech delayed due to all the ear problems and it just broke my heart. They told us that basically, for most of the first 3 years of his life he had been hearing us as if he were underwater. :-(

After the surgery he has been improving soooo much. Each day I hear him saying new words and understanding more and more. I just met with the school staff a few days ago and got him started on an IEP so that we can get him any services he may need to continue to help him catch up with the rest of the kids his age.

He is such a huge blessing to our lives and I'm so thankful God decided to give me Jonathan as a son. His smile lights up our lives each day, his energy keeps us going, and his sweet spirit and heart makes us so proud and blessed.

Happy Birthday Jonathan!  We love you very very much!

Took this morning :-)



1 comment:

  1. The third picture is my all-time favorite pic of him...oh...it's so cute. Happy birthday to Jonathan! :)

    ReplyDelete