Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weight Watchers & Made to Crave....

I'm an all or nothing person and sometimes that is good, but most of the time it isn't. For example this will be like the hundreth time I have tried to lose weight. I have posted several times with starts and then don't post again because I have failed yet again. You see my problem is I think I have to fix everything right away. Even in my relationship with Christ. I will get inspired and then think well if i'm not doing an hour bible study every day and i'm not praying over my kids for an hour a day etc... then I'm just not a good Christian. What the Lord is teaching me right now is to take baby steps. Start out with making sure I do a devotional EVERY day. Don't get caught up in how long but make the committment and do it every day.

So I am applying the same to weight loss. Baby steps. I am going to start by drinking more water.... more physical activity and to help me along I joined Weight Watchers and started the Made to Crave Bible Study at my church 2 weeks ago. I am not going to set a huge goal like being a certain weight by a certain time because then I risk feeling like I have failed, instead if I make these small changes then over time I am going to reach that ultimate goal. What's most important is I make lifestyle changes and not just quick fixes to hurry and lose the weight only to gain it back because I never really changed anything.

Everyone is different and so the weight loss journey is different for each and every one of us, this is just how I feel it will work best for me and what God is teaching me.

I did lose 3.2 my first week of Weight Watchers and I'm excited to see it continue to go down! :-) I'm even learning to love veggies! :-)

So please say a prayer for me as I go on this journey.

Thanks



2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, Kassie! Like you, it seem like the "two steps forward, three steps back" weight loss method has been my undoing. I am so excited to be doing this with people who understand!
    Praying for you, sis!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee! I'm with ya on doing this with people who understand!! I'll be praying for you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete